Welcome

1 Corinthians 3:4-8 “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up, does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…”

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Good dog...Bad dog"



My Good friend JoAnne mentioned that the two furry members of my family are not on my blog. Well…actually I am lacking in several areas there… I’m still trying to play catch-up when it comes to blog content. However, since it was mentioned, I thought I would plug in a few lines about our two Jack Russell terriers…commonly known in the Frost household as “good dog - bad dog.” Look at the picture I bet you can figure out who is the good dog. The eyes are definitely windows to the soul for our Daphne, commonly known as Daphodile, the baby, sweetness, baby-pie and Rocky, Aka the Rocket, Rockodile or Beelzebub.

Daphne can commonly be found gazing adorably at her mom and dad or feverishly licking their faces trying desperately to do what is good and right in their eyes. The Rocket, on the other hand, can be found anywhere you don’t want him to be… for instance perched on top of the 4-drawer file cabinet in the office or dismantling the table so that he can get the chew-stick that he shoved under it so he could ─ dismantle the table.

In the morning when I get ready for work Daphne lays contentedly in one of the two doggie-beds in the bedroom. One faces the bathroom with a view of the shower. The other is next to my make-up table. The one Daphne gets to lie in depends on where I am at the moment. If she is in the one facing the shower when I go in, Rocky moves her out so he can keep tabs on me. So she moves to the one by the make up table. Later when I sit down to blow-dry my hair suddenly he’s standing over her willing her out of her spot with that stony gaze. She often turns her back so she can’t see him look at her. That’s when he gets pro-active and will actually step into the bed between her and the wall, place his feet firmly on her body and then lays down as he stretches his legs until he shoves her out of the bed on to the floor. I try to keep him from bullying her but the second my back is turned in the shower or head upside down blow-drying…he gets his way. Poor baby!

The bullying is exactly why I insist that they have separate rooms at the Bates Motel.
Okay…for clarification the “Bates” is what we call the doggie care center where they stay when we go out of town without them. My hubby feels really bad when they can’t go with us and always apologizes. “Poor little guys…daddy’s sorry you have to go to the Bates!” It’s an okay place but we do hate to leave them…though it is sometimes nice to get a rest. I don’t think Rocket and Daphne appreciate being left but the kennel keeps coming up with new and innovative ways to make us more comfortable about their stay. The last time we left them was for my High School reunion in Phoenix.

While hubby was in the shower I checked my email. There were two separate emails from the Pet resort; one from Daphne the other from Rocky. Each read. “Since we can’t call you, we thought we’d send you a picture to show what a great time we’re having.”

I must admit I could barely stop laughing. Whoever took the pictures did a great job of catching the personalities and the attitudes of these two sweeties. I’ll let you judge for yourself…good dog…bad dog. Can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post about your "Good dog...Bad dog." Sweet-looking pictures even if Rocket is a little more mischievous, or a lot rambunctious. Fun story about such a special part of your family still at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Bestest!
    Well...they really don't give us much time to get bored....that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete