Welcome

1 Corinthians 3:4-8 “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up, does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…”

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More From The Desk of Chaplain Dale

Hi Everyone!

It’s hard to believe that the decade of 2000 will be over in just 29days! It seems like yesterday that we were all looking forward expectantly to the dawning of the new millennium, and now we’re already 10 years into it!

Ten years ago I had my hands full with the possibility of a Y2K meltdown. I had been tasked with the project of “Disaster Preparedness” for Horizon Christian Fellowship and Horizon Christian Schools. I had the responsibility of formulating and implementing a plan of action to keep approximately 1500 children, staff, faculty and employees, on two separate campuses, safe in the event of a natural or man-made disaster…food, bedding, clothing, toilet facilities, communications, security, etc…etc…and all without the use or availability of electricity! No small task!

I bring this example up because at the time, I was overwhelmed. The enormity of the task was beyond my capabilities. I had to trust God and ask for His wisdom and direction for every part of that very complicated and complex directive. In essence, I had to pray…

Now, ten year later, I find myself in the same waters. God has called me to a ministry that is way beyond my capabilities. The complexities, nuances and burdens are more than I’m equipped to handle. So what am I to do? Pray….

So much has changed, and yet nothing has changed! The answers still come from the same source…God. And He promises, “You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all of your heart.” “Trust in me with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Me and I will direct your path!”

The source is still Him.

The source is still prayer.

2010 is just around the corner…a new decade…and a chance to watch God do “exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask or think!”

May you have a blessed and VERY Merry Christmas!

Your servant,

-Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment